According to a report in Wealth-X Shahrukh's estimated net worth is $600 million (More than 3600 Crore). He is named as the second richest Actor in the world beaten only by Jerry Seinfeld with the estimated net worth of $820 million.
Shahrukh Khan was the only Bollywood star to feature in the top ten of the international celebrity rich list for 2013 - compiled by Wealth-X.
Some of the ways Sharukh khan makes money -
There are movies of course and his own production house but there are many other ways by which SRK makes money.
- Endorsements - SRK can be seen endorsing a whole gamut of products cold drinks, cars, pan masala, paint to fairness creams. According to a study Shahrukh's brand value is Rs. 1011 Crore which is the highest among the celebrities.
- Performing in weddings - According to a report in TOI (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Shah-Rukh-Khan-charges-a-hefty-amount-for-weddings/articleshow/19999554.cms) SRK charges around Rs. 8 crore for wedding performance. So, just by shaking a leg in 10-15 odd weedings he can make close to 100 Crores in a year. Just as FYI Shah Rukh received around 250 invites for wedding appearances/performances in 2012 but took up only 10 of them.
- Investments - Apart from owning a very famous address in Mumbai by the name "Mannat", SRK also owns several other properties (including houses) in several cities and countries across the globe, like London and Dubai to name a few. He also heads a production house 'Red Chillies Entertainment' - Film production and VFX being the two most important businesses of this house, which together constitute almost 70% of it's revenues. IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) one of the profit making IPL franchise is also owned by SRK.
- TV Show hosting - SRK after starting his career in TV once again made his presence felt in the television world as the host of reality shows. He has hosted reality shows like; Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 3, Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? and Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout. A TOI report says that in 2011, he charged Rs 2.5 crores for Zor Ka Jhatka..., an Indian adaptation of the American reality show Wipeout.
- Performance at Award Shows - Shah Rukh Khan who is one of the most active participants in almost all award ceremonies, makes a lot of money through performance in such shows. And the number of awards (shows) that we have these days (which is really MANY!) is certainly helping him!
According to reports SRK charges around Rs 2-3 crore for over an hour's performance, which may also include hosting.